It's February. Love is in the air, and I'm feeling very chill in all meanings of the word. What better way to heat things up a bit than a hot drink and one of the more romantic herbs...rose.
This Rose Hibiscus Latte makes even the gloomiest of days feel just a little bit more special. I highly recommend pairing it with a quilt and a cuddle.
Rose Hibiscus Latte
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp rose water
1 Tbsp fresh ginger (diced)
1 stick cinnamon
1 Tbsp hibiscus petals
1 cup steamed milk (I used oat milk)
sweetener of choice
cinnamon powder, rose petals (garnish)
1. Bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil in a small pan. Immediately take off the heat, cover, and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Strain into your mug. Compost the herbs.
3. Add the steamed milk to the herbal infusion. I frothed the milk first, but this is optional.
4. Sweeten as desired. I recommend maple syrup as it pairs well with the rose.
5. Garnish with edible rose petals and a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
Clinical herbalist. Mother. Teacher. Ever student.